I love garlic. Garlic is one of these staple ingredients – together with nutmeg and onion, I will use anywhere and anyhow i see fit. The first time I saw garlic soup on the menu I was in two minds : I love garlic but I am not sure it would be great as a soup… but when I found out the garlic they used was wild garlic, a herb, I fell in love at first bite.
What you need to make Wild Garlic Soup
- 500g of thinly sliced onions
- 400g of wild garlic
- 1 fresh thyme spring
- 50 gr of garlic bulbs
- 50 gr of butter
- 25 gr of double dream
- 150 gr of potatoes – thinly sliced
How to make wild garlic soup
- Put the onions, the thyme and the wild garlic in a large pot with the butter and the garlic. Let it simmer and when the onions start looking glassy, ad 800ml of water
- Let boil for 30 minute
- Let rest for 1 hour and then ad the potatoes and put the pot on the fire again
- Boil untilthe potatoes are ready, now mix everything with a hand mixer.