Tartare Sauce is my very favourite thing to eat with fish. I might sound a bit cocky but I absolutely love the way I make it and I honestly can’t stand the flavourless, gooey sauce that comes in plastic supermarket pots. Tartare sauce is so incredibly easy to make that I would almost see it as a cardinal sin for any seasoned cook to serve their tartare straight from the jar.
Here is a simple but great recipe for making your own Tartare Sauce
What do you need?
- 5 Tbsp of Mayonnaise
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 sweet n sour gherkins
- 1 tbsp of capers
- some spring onion, parsley and chives
How do you prepare it
- Put the five tablespoons of Mayonnaise in a glass bowl
- Mash the hard boiled eggs with your fork until very fine and put it in the mayonnaise
- Cut the gherkins in small pieces and put these in as well
- Put in the capers
- Cut the spring onion, the parsley and the chives finely and put these with the rest
- Now mix everything up
Your Tartare sauce is ready!