Tomato soup is one of those staple recipes everyone loves and that is perfect comfort food on a hard day’s work. But : who has the time to actually start cooking, start skinning tomatoes and to cut everything up in perfect little bits on a day you would rather just dive onto the couch with your favorite Netflix show.
With this extremely easy and quick to make tomato soup, you there will be a big pot of warm soup cooking on your hob in no time. Before your netflix show is over, you will be having soup with toast on the couch, enjoying a well-deserved night in!
What do you need
- 1kg of tomatoes
- 2tbs of butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1.5 cubes of beef stock
- 1.5 l of water
- 2 cloves of garlic ( if you have the energy )
How to make the quick and easy tomato soup
- Cut the tomatoes in 4’s
- Put the butter in a big pot on your hob and let it melt
- If you peeled the garlic, you can ad the garlic to the butter. When you can smell the garlic, you can ad the tomatoes.
- Ad the tomatoes and let them bake for about 2 minutes so they release their flavours
- Put in the water and the stock cubes
- Ad salt and pepper
- Leave on the hob for about 20 minutes to cook
- Mix through with a handmixer
For those who want to pamper themselves ( like me ), you can ad a bit of cream to the soup.